Leaky gut treatment is more of a process than it is to take prescription drugs and move on with your life. Treating leaky gut symptoms and the condition itself is more of a treatment process that includes some possible lifestyle changes such as a person’s regular diet or eating habits.
Natural leaky gut treatment consists of several different things you may have to add or eliminate in your life. If your leaky gut is being caused by an overgrowth of bacteria leaky gut antibiotics will be necessary in order to get the bacteria under control. There’s also the fact that bacteria is slipping through the cracks and entering other areas of the body so antibiotics are a little bit of a must but the good news is there are leaky gut supplements that can be used as a natural antibiotic without irritating an already irritated situation.
- Reduce Stress Levels: Stress hormones will attack, damage, and break down the junctions that hold the cells lining the digestive tract together. Reducing stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine gives the damaged junctions time to repair and regenerate.
- Diet Management & Adjustments: It’s important to find and eliminate any and all trigger foods that are causing negative digestive and GI reactions. The elimination diet slowly eliminates possible trouble food for 2 weeks and the reintroduces it into the system logging any effects. Trouble foods are to be avoided and additions might need to be made in order to build your immune system up.
- Digestive Enzymes: Digestive enzymes help break down large proteins and bacterial products that cause damage to the intestinal wall lining. Take digestive enzymes regularly with meals and it will help get a head start of preparing the digestive process.
- Eliminate Toxic Foods: Various sugars, highly processed foods, alcohol, GMO’s, gluten, and dairy products can all trigger and assault the sensitive cells lining the gut . Cut these foods out for about 3 months and then after that limit the intake of them if and when they’re reintroduced.
- Leaky Gut Supplements: Probiotics, Zinc, Collagen Peptides, Licorice, Cucumin
In some cases leaky gut treatment can consist of trial and error, especially if the underlying issue causing the condition isn’t found and addressed. It is essential to be strict with the diets if you hope to see any improvement. Natural leaky gut treatment can be one of the best options because there are no harsh chemicals from the medication causing further damage.